Because of it’s excellent location you can find quick and easy routes to many tourist attractions in the area:
- Wella Dewalaya temple and Sunset point (300m): visit the temple and watch the breath-taking sunsets
- Jungle beach and near Japanese pagoda: an impressive temple near a small hidden sandy beach with restaurant and bar, walking distance 1,5 km from our Villa
Less than 5 km:
- Dalawella beach (2,5km): swimming and snorkeling in this safe natural pool
- Yatagala temple (4,5 km): Is a quiet rock temple with a 9m reclining Buddha
Less than 15 km:
- Galle Fort (7 km): UNESCO HERITAGE - discovers the colonial history and architecture of southern Sri Lanka and buy your souvenirs and gifts.
- Koggala stilt fishermen (10 km): Watch the stilt fishermen get their daily catch.
- Koggala lake (10 km): take a round trip on a catamaran or motor boat and visit the islands.
- Turtle Hatchery (8 km): along the coast - protecting nature for future generations.
Half-day or one-day trips:
- Mirissa (30 km): whale and dolphin watching - get in touch with the treasures of the sea. Morning boat trip from Mirissa harbour can be arranged on request.
- Yala safari (1 day trip): explore the wildlife and nature on a safari, meet the leopard - king of the National park.
- Udawalawe safari (1 day trip): green, tropical and wild - Nature Park with elephants, birds and more.
- Kataragama (1 day trip): pilgrimage - where cultures, religions and colours blend in harmony.
Other attractions directly on the beach:
- Glass-bottom boat rides - watch the underwater beauty without getting wet.
- Snorkeling, diving, deep sea fishing, surfing, water sports